Chef Gary Tessinari
Recipes courtesy of:
Chef Gary Tessinari
NC State Dining
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 eggplant, diced
- 8oz-10oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 oz) can tomato puree
- 1 1/4 tsp whole leaf oregano
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Heat oil at medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add eggplant and mushrooms. Cook until tender.
- Add beans, diced tomato, tomato puree, and oregano. Cook on medium-low for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup polenta
- 2 pounds + 2 ounces butter
- 2 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoon shredded aged Asiago cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white ground pepper
- Season water to taste and bring to boil
- Add half-and-half
- Stir in polenta, cook to creamy
- Add chopped herbs and grated cheese
- Serve immediately or hold hot until ready to serve.
- Rice vermicelli noodles, cooked and cooled (⅛ – ¼ cup per roll)
- Shrimp, peeled with tails off, cooked and cooled (3 shrimp per roll)
- Spring roll rice paper wrapper (1 per roll)
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- Fresh basil (1-2 sprig(s) per roll)
- Fresh mint (1-2 sprig(s) per roll)
- Cucumber, peeled & julienned (⅛ cucumber per roll)
- Carrot, blanched, peeled & julienned (⅛ – ¼ carrot per roll)
- Green onion, cut into 1″ long pieces (⅛-¼ green onion per roll)
- Lettuce leaves (~2 per roll)
- Hoisin sauce (1 tsp per roll)
- Make rice vermicelli noodles and hold cold
- Cook and cool shrimp.
- Warm the water and rice wine vinegar to 110 degrees Fahrenheit and keep warm
- Rehydrate rice paper until pliable but not soft
- Drain and place on a paper towel
- In the center of the rice paper, place a few basil leaves. On each side of the basil, place the shrimp.
- Place remaining basil and mint on top of shrimp
- Place cucumbers and carrots on top of the herbs sprinkle on a few green onions.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon of hoisin sauce on top of the vegetables
- Fold the lettuce and place on top of noodles
- Carefully, tightly, fold in the ends, then roll up the summer roll
- Serve immediately or place in a paper-lined pan and keep cold until ready to enjoy.