A signature Wolfpack Welcome Week event, the Moonlight Howl and Run is going Virtual this year. Join the Wolfpack community in running or walking on Saturday, August 8 to celebrate the start of the new year. Get moving outside to explore campus, Raleigh or any location of your choice.
This is a free event. Registration will open at 6:00 a.m. Saturday, August 8 on the Wellness and Recreation mobile app. NC State students and faculty/staff members can select a time slot to pick up their event t-shirt on Sunday, August 9.
Share your experience with us on social media. Tag @NCStateWellRec and use #NCStateWWW
- Beginning at 6:00 a.m. Saturday, August 8, participants can register for a time slot to pick up their Virtual Howl and Run t-shirt
- Participants must be able to pick up their t-shirt in person at Miller Fields on Sunday, August 9 and shirts will be limited to 1,500 participants.
- Please run/walk safely by following all traffic laws, obeying crosswalk signals, and staying aware of vehicles and others around you
- Maintain physical distancing guidelines by keeping at least 6 feet away from others
- Wear a face covering when physical distancing cannot be guaranteed
- Respect the outdoor areas, including disposing of trash properly
Suggested Run/Walk Routes
- Participants are encouraged to run/walk for at least 30 minutes and can use any route on or off campus
- NC State Main Campus Route – 2.5 miles
- “Go Pack” Downtown Raleigh Route – 7.75 miles
How to Register
Download the Wellness and Recreation Mobile App
- Step 1: Download the NC State Wellness and Recreation mobile app by going to either the Apple App Store or Android Google App Store on your device. Search for “NC State WellRec” and click “Download.”
- Step 2: Open the app, click “Create Account”, and fill out the requested information including your NC State email address. Hit “Next.”
- Step 3: Type “NC State” into the top search bar and select “NC State,” then complete the rest of the form and click “Create Account.”
- Step 4: You will be sent an activation email. Click the link in the email to login and activate your IMLeagues account.
Register for the Virtual
Moonlight Howl and Run
- Registration opens at 6:00 a.m. Saturday, August 8. We encourage participants to walk/run early in the morning or in the evening to keep cool.
- Step 1: Open the NC State Wellness and Recreation mobile app and login.
- Step 2: Click the arrows symbol in the top right corner and select the “WellRec At Home” network.
- Step 3: Click “Virtual Events” and then “Virtual Howl and Run.”
- Step 4: Click “Create Team” and then “Select Division.”
- Step 5: Select at time slot to pick up your t-shirt on Sunday, August 9 in-person at Miller Fields. If the division is locked, please select a different time that has open slots.
- Step 6: Click “Create Team” again. Type your first and last name in the “Enter Team Name” blank and click “Create Team” once more. You can leave the rest of the settings as is, they will not affect your registration.
Join NC State Wolfpack Strava Club (Optional)
- Strava is a mobile app that records your running/walking workouts using GPS data. Once you download the app, you will be able to join the NC State Wolfpack club on Strava and share your workouts with the Wolfpack community.
- Step 1: Download the Strava mobile app by going to either the Apple App Store or Android Google App Store on your device. Search for “Strava” and click “Download.”
- Step 2: Open the app and create your own personal account. You can Connect your Strava account to your Facebook, Google, or Apple accounts, or sign up with your email and create a password.
- Step 3: Join the NC State Wolfpack club. Click “Explore” on the bottom menu bar, then click “Clubs” near the top of the screen. Type “NC State Wolfpack” in the search bar, then select “NC State Wolfpack” club and click “Join.”
- Step 4: You are now ready to record your workouts. To start your workout, click “Record” on the bottom menu bar and select the appropriate sport (run, walk, etc.). Click “Start” to begin recording and then “Finish” and “Save Activity” at the end.