Are you interested in helping people adopt a long-term state of improved well-being? If so, the American Council on Exercise (ACE) Health Coach certification may be right for you.
ACE is a trusted name in the fitness industry, and this certification will give you the skills you need to truly help people change the way they live. Completion of this course and certification may qualify you to apply for future wellness coach positions with us.
Program cost is $500, which includes:
- ACE Health Coach certification exam voucher (must register within 6-months from the start of the course) ($400 Value).
- ACE Health Coach manual ($70 Value)
- Study guide and practice test ($30 Value)
- Eight-week guided review course
To enroll in this course and sit for the exam you must:
- Be a current NC State University student
- Be at least 18 years old and hold a current CPR/AED certification (training can be provided if not already certified)
- Be a sophomore or higher with course credit in fitness, exercise science, health care, biology, nutrition, food science, psychology, health and exercise studies, wellness, human resources or a related field
- Comparable work experience in any of the fields previously listed
- Current NCCA-accredited certification or license in fitness, nutrition, healthcare, wellness, human resources or a related field.
Effective April 1, 2019
Employees and their household members with an active payroll deduction membership are eligible to use payroll deduction as a form of payment for this certification. Monthly deductions can be made in 1 to 3 installments based on the member’s preference. The total amount deducted will be equal to the advertised member rate. Visit the Member Services Suite for program registration.
For additional questions, please contact:
Coordinator, Wellness Programs
P: (919) 515-7529