Get moving this summer and help the Wolfpack log the most miles in the Home Hustle Challenge with UNC and Duke. Record your runs or walks using the Strava mobile app that tracks your distance and join the NC State Wolfpack Strava club to count your mileage toward NC State’s total!
Intramural Sports Championship T-shirts will be awarded to top student and faculty/staff member in the following categories each week (maximum 1 shirt per participant for the challenge):
- Participant with the highest weekly mileage
- Participant who logs the most run/walk workouts each week
- 2 randomly selected participants each week
Strava is a mobile app that records your running/walking workouts using GPS data. Once you download the app, you will be able to join the NC State Wolfpack club on Strava and begin logging your mileage toward the Home Hustle Challenge!
The app has a free version and a paid premium version. You will only need the free version to participate in the Home Hustle Challenge and join the NC State Wolfpack club.
Download Free Strava Mobile App:Apple App Store Google Android App Store
Once you have downloaded the Strava app, create your own personal account. You can Connect your Strava account to your Facebook, Google, or Apple accounts, or sign up with your email and create a password.
Join the NC State Wolfpack club on Strava to count your mileage toward the Home Hustle Challenge and connect with other NC State runners and walkers.
To join the club on a desktop computer, follow these steps:
- Visit https://www.strava.com/clubs/ncstate
- Click “Join Club”
To join the club on the Strava app, follow these steps:
- Open and log in to your Strava mobile app
- Click “Explore” on the bottom menu bar
- Click “Clubs” near the top of the screen
- Type “NC State Wolfpack” in the search bar
- Click on the “NC State Wolfpack” club
- Click “Join”
You are now ready to begin recording your workouts!
How to Record a Run/Walk:
- Open your Strava app and click “Record” on the bottom menu bar
- Choose the appropriate sport (Run, Walk, or various other sports)
- Click “Start” to begin recording your workout.
- At the end of your run, click the stop button, then click “Finish” and “Save Activity”. You can add other details about your workout if you would like as well.
- Workouts will automatically be recorded in the club leaderboard and count towards NC State’s total mileage in the Home Hustle Challenge!
In case do not have your phone with you for a workout, or forget to hit the start button, you can manually input your workouts to keep an accurate record of your mileage!
How to Manually Input a Workout:
- Open your Strava app and click the plus sign with a circle in the top left corner
- Click “Manual Activity”
- Fill out the details of your workout
- Click “Save Activity”