Certification and Training Programs
Learn to inspire the Pack with one of our certification and training programs. Participants will gain hands-on experience in a supportive and inclusive environment led by our team of fitness and wellness experts. Students that complete these programs may have the opportunity to apply to join the Wellness and Recreation team.
Zumba® Certification Workshop
Earn your Zumba® instructor license during this single-day interactive workshop, hosted by Zumba® Education Specialist, Loretta Bates!
- Date: Saturday, November 4, 2023
- Time: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Wellness and Recreation is committed to increasing equity and diversity in fitness and wellness, and to creating high-impact opportunities for all students. The FitWell Award is application-based with a holistic review of each student’s experience and interest in the course(s). This award only applies to courses offered by Wellness and Recreation during any given semester and may include the following courses: ACE Group Fitness Instructor, ACE Health Coach and NASM Personal Trainer. Please see course-specific information above.
Award applications are available for submission each year, and are meant to further the mission and philosophy of Wellness and Recreation.
- Access to in-person course instruction and skills training.
- Wellness and Recreation course materials.
- Exam voucher awarded ONLY upon successful hiring with Wellness and Recreation.
- Successful completion of the course and attendance in all in-person course sessions.
- Apply to become a Wellness and Recreation employee in designated certification area.
- Must be a current NC State student enrolled in a minimum or 9 undergraduate credit hours or 4.5 graduate credit hours.
- Be in good standing with the university.
2023 – 2024 Application Deadlines
- Fall 2023 Courses | Monday, September 4, 2023
- Spring 2024 Courses | Monday, January 22, 2023
If you are selected to receive an award, you will be notified directly via email.
Wellness and Recreation is able to offer these nationally-recognized fitness and health workshops and certification courses through our partnerships with the American Council on Exercise® and the National Academy of Sports Medicine™:
For questions regarding the ACE Group Fitness Instructor course, please contact: email@example.com
For questions regarding the NASM Personal Trainer course, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions regarding the ACE Health Coach course, please contact: email@example.com