New Student Outdoor Trips
Wolf Camp is an optional incoming NC State student outdoor program. These three- or four-day trips provide an opportunity to meet other new students while engaging in the North Carolina outdoors. Trips and activities are led by trained professional and student staff. Start your experience here at NC State off right before the fall semester!
June 9 – 11 | Wolf Camp at Falls Lake
This program is for all incoming Honors program students.
Students will first take on the NC State Challenge Course before hiking through Falls Lake. Participants will then cool off in the water with canoeing, kayaking or stand up paddle boarding (students can pick which activities they participate in). Throughout the program students will camp in tents in small groups and learn outdoor skills. This fun and inclusive camp environment encourages students to try new activities each day, enjoy fun games and campfire conversations, and meet over 20 other freshmen, all before classes even start!
- Cost: $275.00
Equipment: Outdoor Adventures provides all tents, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, food, and outdoor sporting equipment, such as kayaks, canoes, bikes, and stand up paddle boards. Participants are required to provide their own clothing. Gear lists will be sent to each registered participant along with a Wolf Camp Welcome Packet.
- 8:30 a.m. Arrive at NC State Outdoor Adventures
- 9:00 a.m. Equipment check and fitting
- 9:30 a.m. Leave NC State campus and drive to the Challenge Course.
- 12:00 p.m. Eat lunch at Challenge Course
- 2:00 p.m. Head to Falls Lake
- 2:30 p.m. Set up camp, cook dinner, and eat s’mores around the fire pit.
- 8:00 a.m. Wake up and enjoy outdoor activities! Students will have opportunities to choose from a variety of activities which may include: hiking, stand up paddle boarding, kayaking, canoeing, etc.
- 8:00 a.m. Wakeup
- 9:00 a.m. Enjoy our last outdoor activities
- 12:00 p.m. Eat Lunch
- 1:00 p.m. Pack up and return to campus
- 3:30 p.m. Clean equipment and say our goodbyes
July 23 – 26 | Wolf Camp at Asheville
This program is for all incoming students.
This program offers similar outcomes to the Falls Lake trip, but is better suited for students who want to get further into nature during this four-day trip. Students will spend the days exploring the outdoor environment and night hanging around the campfire with new friends, learning about NC State traditions, and getting ready for the start of the school year!
- Cost: $400.00
Equipment: Outdoor Adventures provides all tents, backpacks, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, and food. Participants are required to provide their own clothing. Gear lists will be sent to each registered participant in the Wolf Camp Asheville Welcome Packet.
- 1:00 p.m. Participant check-in at a designated location in Asheville, NC
- 2:00 p.m. Equipment check and fitting
- 3:00 p.m. Drive to camp
- 4:00 p.m. Set up camp!
- Monday: In Asheville, camping, canyoneering, rafting and enjoying the area together as a group
- Tuesday: Continue to enjoy Asheville, camping, canyoneering, rafting and enjoying the area together as a group
- 7:00 a.m. Wake up and eat breakfast
- 8:00 a.m. Pack up camp
- 9:00 a.m. Start hiking as a group
- 11:00 a.m. Finish hiking and say our goodbyes
- 12:00 p.m. Participant pick-up at a designated location in Asheville, NC
- Register and pay for your trip at our MyWellRec portal.
- After registration, you will be emailed a welcome sign up packet.
Once you register, you will receive an email confirmation that includes more trip details, items to bring and other helpful information.
You will not be refunded if you have registered and do not show up for the trip. If you wish to cancel your registration, you must give 14 days advance notice from the trip’s start. A partial refund may be given if we can replace your spot on the trip. We will refund your trip payment if the trip is canceled.
For more information, please contact:
Wellness and Recreation Outdoor Adventures
P: (919) 513-0072