Fall 2021 Outdoor Adventures Trips
High Ropes Course and Zipline
Cost: $10 Students| $15 Members
Join our knowledgeable challenge course staff, and check out the NC State Challenge Course. You will go up into the high course, traverse the elements then fly off the Zipline.
Our friendly challenge course staff will walk you through everything you need to know to have a blast at the challenge course, so this is a perfect activity for beginners.
|Sunday, November 7||1 -5 p.m.||Wednesday, November 3 at noon|
Mountain Biking at Lake Raleigh
Join us for a morning of mountain biking at Lake Raleigh Woods. Enjoy instruction on basic mountain biking skills and techniques, riding through the beautiful forested trails, and explore the brand-new single track on Centennial campus. Equipment, transportation, instruction and trip leaders are included.
This is a beginner trip, but you must be comfortable riding a bike for a couple of hours to participate.
Date: Saturday, October 23
Time: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Cost: Students $10 | Members: $15
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, October 20 at noon.
Pre-Trip Meeting: Wednesday, October 20 at 6 p.m. in the Lakes Classroom, Room 1608
10:00 a.m. Trip Starts
- Check-in at the Outdoor Adventures Equipment Rental Center
- Load up the van and drive to Lake Raleigh Woods
- Arrive at the Lake Raleigh Woods mountain bike trailhead and unload bikes
- Review mountain bike skills, fit bikes, and discuss the riding plan
10:30 a.m. Ride Starts
- Get out on the trails and ride for about an hour
- Explore the Lake Raleigh Woods bike trails
- Work on mountain bike skills
11:30 a.m. Ride Finishes
- Load up bikes and drive back to the Wellness and Recreation Center to unload the trailer.
Noon Trip ends: Have a great rest of the day.
Hiking at Stone Mountain
Fall is one of the best times of the year for hiking. We’ll drive out to Stone Mountain State Park for a beginner-friendly hike.
We will hike to the top of this granite dome mountain and see beautiful views, which will hopefully include a glimpse of fall colors.
Transportation, lunch and instruction are included. This will be a moderately strenuous, full-day hike.
Date: Saturday, November 6
Time: 6 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Cost: Students: $25
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, November 3 at noon.
Pre-Trip Meeting: Wednesday, November 3 at 6 pm in the Lakes Classroom, Room 1608
6 a.m. Trip Starts
- Check-in at the Outdoor Adventures Boat Bay.
- Load up the van and drive to Stone Mountain State Park.
- Arrive at Stone Mountain, and get ready to hike for the day.
- You will eat lunch on the trail (included) and take in the fall colors.
- Finish hiking, load up the van and head back to campus.
- Arrive back on campus and clean up equipment.
7 p.m. Trip Ends: Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
How to Register
- Bring your Wolfpack One Card to the Member Services, located in the Wellness and Recreation Center lobby, during hours of operation.
- The trip fee is due by credit card only (no cash or check accepted) when you signup, and trips are sold on a first-come/first-serve basis.
- You must read pre-trip e-mails and complete the online waiver before the trip.
- Alcohol, tobacco and drug use are prohibited for the duration of the trip. If you violate these rules, you are subject to removal from the trip, and transportation back to NC State will be at your expense.
If a participant can no longer go on a trip, participants must inform Outdoor Adventures they can no longer attend at least two weeks before the pre-trip meeting. They must request a refund by contacting Wellness and Recreation staff (email@example.com). Deposits on trips are non-refundable.
For personal emergencies, partial or full refunds between two weeks and the pre-trip meeting may be considered with written and verifiable proof of inability to attend (i.e., a doctor’s note). The participant must provide documentation at least five business days before the trip’s departure date for any refund to be considered. No refunds will be given after this period, regardless of the reason.
All refunds are at the discretion of Wellness and Recreation. We will provide refunds if the activity is canceled.