Effective March 17, the 2020 Wolfpack Bound and Wolf Camp trips have been canceled.
Wednesday, August 5 – Friday, August 7
Wolf Camp is a great way for students to make 50 new friends before school starts. They will also be better prepared for their first day of class by learning about college from student leaders.
- 8 a.m.: Sign in at the Carmichael Rec Center.
- 9 a.m.: An NC State bus takes the group to the Challenge Course at Schenck Forest. Take part in fun teambuilding games and climb the high ropes course before soaring off the course zipline.
- 2 p.m.: The adventure continues at Falls Lake State Recreation Area. We’ll split the group into smaller camp groups and learn to put up tents and setup camp together.
- 6 p.m. – bedtime: We’ll teach you how to cook dinner on camp stoves, have s’mores around the campfire and go stargazing and talking about the upcoming school year.
- 8:30 a.m.: After breakfast, the group will divide up into small groups. you’ll do one of the following activities based on your preference:
- Mountain biking
- Stand up paddleboarding
- 12 p.m.: Lunch.
- 1:30 p.m.: Choose another outdoor activity and take on the trails or water from the list above.
- 6 p.m. – bedtime: Cook dinner, have more s’mores and play camp games.
- 8:30 a.m.: Learn about NC State traditions and ask questions about the challenges of school. Break down camp with your new friends.
- 4 p.m.: Return to campus better prepared to start the semester and enjoy a successful academic career.
Equipment, Transportation and food
Outdoor Adventures will provide all equipment for Wolf Camp. Participants are required to provide their own clothing. Gear lists will be sent to each registered participant along with a Wolf Camp welcome packet.
As part of the welcome packet email, students will be asked to rate which outdoor activities they would prefer to participate in during the course of the program. Each student will be asked to rate their top activity choices and participate in half-day sessions of each one. Some activities will have participant limits.
All food and transportation are included in the trip price. Vegetarian diets and those with food allergies will be accomodated. No previous outdoor experience is needed to enjoy this trip.
Wolf Camp Program Details
|Wolf Camp 2020||Wednesday, August 5 – Friday, August 7||$225||Monday, July 20|
Wolfpack Bound is a trip-based program for students to travel in an outdoor expedition with a small group of other first-year students and experienced student leaders. Wolfpack Bound is similar to Wolf Camp, but is better suited for students who want to get further into nature and have more time to escape, relax and get to know a smaller group of students.. Student will either hit the trail backpacking and climbing in the beautiful Grayson Highlands area of Virginia, or sea kayak on the coast of North Carolina.
Students will spend the days exploring the outdoor environment and nights hanging around the campfire with new friends, learning about NC State traditions and getting ready for the start of the school year.
Trips do not require previous outdoors experience of any kind and many students who come on these trips have never been camping. All transportation, equipment and food is included in the trip fee. You’ll just need to bring personal items and excitement to explore the outdoors with other new students.
University Scholar Program Only
|Event||Trip Dates||Cost||Register By|
|Wolfpack Bound||Sunday, July 12 – Thursday, July 16, 2020||$425||Friday, June 26|
Backpacking and Climbing
|Event||Trip Dates||Cost||Register By|
|Wolfpack Bound||Sunday, July 12 – Thursday, July 16, 2020||$375||Friday, June 26|
For more information about Wolfpack Bound and Wolf Camp please contact:
Erin Daniels Heiser
Coordinator, Outdoor Adventures
Assistant Director, Outdoor Adventures
Register for Wolfpack Bound and Wolf Camp
- Register and Pay for your trip at our online store.
- After registration, you will be emailed a welcome sign up packet.
All completed forms can be sent to email@example.com or by mail or fax:
c/o NC State University
Campus Box 8111
Raleigh, NC 27695
F: (919) 515-1898
Once you register, you will receive an email confirmation that includes more trip details, items to bring, and other helpful information.
You will not be refunded if you have registered and do not show up for the trip. If you wish to cancel your registration, you must give advance notice. A partial refund may be given if we can replace your spot on the trip. We will retain a $100 administrative fee if you are eligible for a refund. We will refund your trip payment if your trip is full or the trip is canceled.