Want to learn more about cooking and eating healthy? Love winning cool prizes?
Join Wellness and Recreation, Student Health Services and NC State Dining during National Nutrition Month for the Healthy Pack Nutrition Challenge. In this four-week challenge, you’ll learn to incorporate new components of a healthy lifestyle into your meals and snacks and submit photos of your mealtime creations each week to increase your chances of winning the grand prize.
Additionally, you’ll learn about healthy eating habits, get access to fun cooking demos, and be entered to win a variety of weekly prizes.Register Now
- The deadline to register is Friday, February 26.
- Challenge will begin Monday, March 1, and end Sunday, March 28.
- Participants will receive a weekly email that provides the week’s challenge requirements, as well as nutrition tips to help increase their overall well-being. Weekly cooking demonstrations will be provided to participants as a guide on how to complete each weekly meal task.
- To participate, snap a picture and upload your image along with a meal description to the Healthy Pack entry form.
- Remember, there are no entry limits. Participants are allowed to submit multiple meals during each week of the challenge.
- Participants must submit weekly using the Healthy Pack entry form by 11:59 p.m. on Sundays.
- To be eligible for the grand prize, participants must complete all weekly challenge requirements.
Registered dieticians from NC State Dining and Student Health Services will provide weekly demonstrations on incorporating healthy foods and snacks in each week’s challenge.
Whole grains are an important source of healthy carbs. Making at least half of your grains whole will provide extra fiber and nutrients. For this week, build a meal with whole grains.
Try a whole grain you’ve had before.
Start with Breakfast
March 8 – 14
Build a breakfast to last with protein, healthy carbohydrates, fats that give back and fruits or veggies.
Abs are made in the kitchen. Show us how you fuel your body after a workout.
Be Lean with Protein
March 15 – 21
Remember, in general, the less legs, the leaner. For high-quality lean proteins, choose eggs, fish, poultry, lean pork or beef and plant-based sources.
Bonus: If you incorporate a plant-based protein, you’ll earn one additional entry.
Taste the Rainbow
March 22 – 28
In general, more colors on your plate means more nutrients! This week, build a snack with at least two colors from fruits and/or vegetables or a meal with at least three colors from fruits and/or vegetables.
- Each week, two participants will be selected to receive a bento box.
- The grand prize winner will win a one-on-one cooking demonstration with an NC State chef and a wellness prize bundle.
Please contact our ThriveWell staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.