Indoor Climbing Wall Hours
To safely limit the number of individuals at the climbing wall, users are encouraged to reserve space in advance through the Wellness and Recreation app. Climbing times are in 60-minute time blocks. In general, Carmichael is using 25 percent occupancy levels for activity spaces.
While climbing, users must wear a face-covering at all times.
Climbing basics classes are canceled for the Fall 2020 semester. Belaying at the climbing wall will be limited to staff only.
Until further notice, items such as climbing chalk and eco-balls are not available
Fall 2020 Hours
Sunday, September 13 – Friday, November 12
|Tuesday||5:30 – 9 p.m.|
|Thursday||5:30 – 9 p.m.|
|Sunday||3:30 – 7 p.m.|
Register in advance for a climbing reservation on the WellRec app.
Climb With Us
If you are a first-time climber with us, please sign the acknowledgment of risk and policies form (anyone under 18 years of age must have a parent’s signature) during your visit. Bring your Wolfpack One Card for each visit.
- Please wear climbing or athletic shoes.
- We require helmets to be worn while climbing and recommend them for belaying and bouldering.
- If you are climbing above shoulder-height, a top rope belay is required.
- We provide equipment for your use:
- Belay Devices
- You may use your eco-ball, harness, shoes, helmet and hardware.
- We do not allow climbing chalk or personal ropes.
Climbing Basics Clinics
Have a group you want to bring to the climbing wall? We offer custom programming so any group can come and have the climbing wall for themselves. For more information please complete the custom program form below.Make a Reservation